Feed Truck Driver - Mankato Mill
Job Description Overview
Responsible for the safe and accurate delivery of finished feed product to customers.
- This position is expected navigate roadways and farm sites to accurately deliver finished feed to customers.
- Must develop a knowledge of the product you are hauling, animal biosecurity issues, and HACCP standards.
- Must be aware of and follow all applicable safety and environmental regulations with respect to the product you are handling
- Understand the proper operation of semi tractors and feed trailers, This includes basic maintenance of trucks and trailers
- Assist in housekeeping of the feed mill and facility grounds as directed by the mill manager.
- Immediately notifies supervisor of any irregularities in the finished feed product.
- Follow established policies and procedures, along with proper communication, when operating feed handling equipment
- Immediately reporting of any accidents and/or injuries
- Safe operation of semi tractors, trailers, skid loaders, pickup trucks, and other feed handling equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to be flexible, work is usually completed by 5pm, but sometimes can run as late at 8pm.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a highly quality controlled environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment
- Some mechanical background including the ability to recognize signs of operation failure
- Basic written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other facility personnel
- Climbing stairs and ladders to open bin hatches, sometime 30 feet off the ground.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Shoveling spilled product
- Working outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
Custom Applicator- Farmers Coop of Hanska
Operator of custom application equipment in the application of fertilizer and chemicals to customer’s fields in a safe, accurate, efficient and timely manner as well as promote the proper use of crop protection products.
- Responsible for accurate application of fertilizer and/or chemicals per blend sheet specifications
- Maintains and repairs equipment according to maintenance schedule, policies and procedures
- Communicates with managers and sales staff to assure safe, accurate quality, efficient and timely application
- Works in any area of operation or production as assigned
- Interacts with customers in a professional manor
- Works safely following safety rules, regulations, and PPE requirements
- Exhibits attitude and actions consistent with policies
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership in his/her work and application equipment used
- High School Diploma or equivalent and basic math skills.
- Possess or ability to obtain CDL with Hazmat and Tanker endorsement.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours in season.
- Possess or ability to obtain a commercial applicators license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Willing to work other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Farming background
- Application experience
Hanska is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information on these positions please contact Brandon Mohr via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-439-6014