Position Title: Grain Assistant
Reports to: Grain Division Manager
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Assist in Grain Origination
- Act as a first point of contact for customers by answering phone calls, making phone calls, greeting walk in traffic, visiting customers on farm, and acting as the point of contact on the grain scale.
- Weighing and inspecting inbound grain
- Grain Scale operations (turning conveyors on and off, sweeping the scale floor, general housekeeping)
- Accurately enter purchase contracts and sales contracts
- Accurately maintain a grain hedge log
- Coordinate truck dispatching and trucker logs
- Generate load numbers for feed mill ingredients
- Serve as the primary backup for the grain accountant and grain manager in their absence
- This position also supports the feed division, feed duties include taking feed orders via phone, entering feed orders into the computer system, and invoicing feed in the absence of the feed assistant.
- Understands all product/services provided to members.
- Understand the basics of commodity markets.
- Possess excellent communications skills
- Extensive knowledge in MS Office, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively with various team members
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Qualifications of the Position:
- Minimum of two years post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Background in Agriculture required
- Cooperative background desirable but not necessary.
- Promote FCH grain marketing plans and polices
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Have the ability to work overtime and weekends seasonally.
Experienced Agronomy Applicator
The Farmers' Cooperative of Hanska is currently seeking an experienced agronomy applicator. This position is full time, with benefits and based out of our Hanska fertilizer location. Duties of an agronomy applicator include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accurate application of fertilizer and/or chemicals per blend sheet specifications
- Maintains and repairs equipment according to maintenance schedule, policies and procedures
- Communicates with managers and sales staff to assure safe, accurate quality, efficient and timely application
- Works in any area of operation or production as assigned
- Interacts with customers in a professional manor
- Works safely following safety rules, regulations, and PPE requirements
- Exhibits attitude and actions consistent with policies
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership in his/her work and application equipment used
Part Time Truck Driver
The Farmers Coop of Hanska is currently looking for a part time truck driver. This position would be asked to drive a feed truck and sometimes a hopper bottom truck. This position would be based out of Mankato MN. We operate within a 50 mile radius of Mankato. We are flexible with the hours of the position but it needs to be in the afternoon. The driver could start between noon and 3 pm and work until finished, usually around 5-6pm, it could be everyday or it could be only a few days a week. We operate monday through friday so no weekend trucking is needed. Applicant must possess a Class A CDL and must be insurable.
Hanska is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information on these positions please contact Brandon Mohr