The Farmers Coop of Hanska is currently looking for some seasonal laborers to work in Hanska and New Ulm. Ability to work long hours during fall is a must. Plenty of overtime is available. Duties of a seasonal laborer include
-Cleaning up grain spills
-Filling anhydrous ammonia tanks.
-running a scale to weigh grain customers, operating a grain probe to take a sample of the grain. (requires basic typing abilities and computer abilities)
-Delivering anhydrous ammonia tanks to customers (requires a Class A CDL with a tanker and hazmat endorsement)
-Driving a Semi, to move grain or dry fertilizer (requires a Class A CDL)
___________________________________________________________Propane/Fuel Delivery Driver
Hanska Coop is looking for a part time or full time propane and fuel truck driver. This position will be responsible for transporting propane and diesel and gasoline from our storage facility in Hanska to local farmers. The majority of our customers are within a 30 mile radius of Hanska. There are as many hours as wanted available in the fall/early winter of the season and there would be enough work to keep someone busy part time for the rest of the year if that person wanted. Other job duties would include, setting tanks propane tanks, trenching in propane lines, doing leak checks, and other services provided by Hanska Coop.
Must possess a Class A or Class B CDL with a Tanker and Hazmat endorsement. Must have an insurable driving record.
Position Title: Grain Assistant - Mankato Office with ability to float between locations when needed.
Reports to: Grain Division Manager
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Assist in Grain Origination
- Act as a first point of contact for customers by answering phone calls, making phone calls, greeting walk in traffic, visiting customers on farm, and acting as the point of contact on the grain scale.
- Weighing and inspecting inbound grain
- Grain Scale operations (turning conveyors on and off, sweeping the scale floor, general housekeeping)
- Accurately enter purchase contracts and sales contracts
- Accurately maintain a grain hedge log
- Coordinate truck dispatching and trucker logs
- Generate load numbers for feed mill ingredients
- Serve as the primary backup for the grain accountant and grain manager in their absence
- This position also supports the feed division, feed duties include taking feed orders via phone, entering feed orders into the computer system, and invoicing feed in the absence of the feed assistant. Helping with feed budgets.
- Understands all product/services provided to members.
- Understand the basics of commodity markets.
- Possess excellent communications skills
- Extensive knowledge in MS Office, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively with various team members
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Qualifications of the Position:
- Minimum of two years post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Background in Agriculture required
- Cooperative background desirable but not necessary.
- Promote FCH grain marketing plans and polices
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Have the ability to work overtime and weekends seasonally.
Grain Operations - Hanska or New Ulm
Job Description Overview
Assists in the operations and housekeeping of the grain facility. Also assists in all other aspects of grain shipping, receiving, handling and storage.
- This position is expected to assist all areas of the unloading, loading and transferring of grain and grain products which may include but not be limited to truck and rail operations
- Must develop a knowledge of the product you are dealing with and its hazardous properties
- Must be aware of and follow all applicable safety and environmental regulations with respect to the product you are handling
- Understand the proper operation of conveyance equipment that is utilized in the shipping, receiving and transferring of grain and grain products and the associated safety systems of that equipment
- Immediately notifies supervisor of any irregularities. Assist in performing maintenance work as required. Visually monitors grain and grain products for irregularities and takes proper action when discovered
- Removes choke-ups, cleans spills and follows proper safety policies while doing such
- Cleans and prepares storage facilities including grain bins and flat storage
- Follow established policies and procedures, along with proper communication, when operating grain handling equipment
- Become knowledgeable of grain storage locations and the capacity of each.
- Monitors grain handling equipment conditions on a routine frequency (daily equipment checks)
- Collect proper grain and grain product samples for testing when needed.
- Housekeeping as related, but not limited to, the cleanliness and orderliness of the grain handling area (tunnels, head house, concrete grounds, grass areas, etc), as well as any areas within the plant as delegated by position supervisor
- Understand how to safely shutdown and isolate equipment for maintenance using Lock Out Tag Out procedures
- Keep current and maintain all training requirements for the position
- Immediately reporting of any accidents and/or injuries
- Safe operation of skid loaders, pickup trucks, and other grain handling equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a highly quality controlled environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment
- Some mechanical background including the ability to recognize signs of operation failure
- Basic written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other facility personnel
- Walking on catwalks at a variety of heights
- Climbing stairs and ladders
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Shoveling product
- Entering and working in confined spaces
- Working at heights up to 200 ft. with appropriate safety equipment
- Working outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
Experienced Agronomy Applicator - Hanska
The Farmers' Cooperative of Hanska is currently seeking an experienced agronomy applicator. This position is full time, with benefits and based out of our Hanska fertilizer location. Duties of an agronomy applicator include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accurate application of fertilizer and/or chemicals per blend sheet specifications
- Maintains and repairs equipment according to maintenance schedule, policies and procedures
- Communicates with managers and sales staff to assure safe, accurate quality, efficient and timely application
- Works in any area of operation or production as assigned
- Interacts with customers in a professional manor
- Works safely following safety rules, regulations, and PPE requirements
- Exhibits attitude and actions consistent with policies
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership in his/her work and application equipment used
Part Time Truck Driver
The Farmers Coop of Hanska is currently looking for a part time truck driver. This position would be asked to drive a feed truck and sometimes a hopper bottom truck. This position would be based out of Mankato MN. We operate within a 50 mile radius of Mankato. We are flexible with the hours of the position but it needs to be in the afternoon. The driver could start between noon and 3 pm and work until finished, usually around 5-6pm, it could be everyday or it could be only a few days a week. We operate monday through friday so no weekend trucking is needed. Applicant must possess a Class A CDL and must be insurable.
Hanska is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information on these positions please contact Brandon Mohr via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-439-6014